STANDARD COMPETITION TERMS
1. QUALIFYING PERSONS:
1.1 Prize-Genie.co.uk (‘Promoter’, ‘our(s)’) operate competitions – Skill based games resulting in the allocation of prizes in accordance with these terms and conditions on the website www.prize-genie.co.uk (the ‘Website’) – (the ‘Competition(s)’).
1.2 The Competitions are open to UK residents (Mainland Only) aged 16 and over and the age of majority, except the Promoter’s employees & relatives.
1.3 The promoter reserves the right to close a customer’s account at any time, if they feel the customer is abusing the services, being abusive to other customers or staff or they have the belief that it is not genuinely the customer that is entering.
1.4 The promoter reserves the right to refuse a customer’s entry at the own discretion.
2. Legal Undertaking
2.1 By entering a Competition the entrant (‘Entrant’, ‘you’, ‘your(s)’) will be deemed to have legal capacity to do so, you will have read and understood these terms and conditions and you will be bound by them and by any other requirements set out in any related promotional material.
2.2 Competitions are governed by English Law and any matters relating to the Competition will be resolved under English Law and the Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
2.3 In the event that you participate in a Competition online via the Website, and by accepting these terms and conditions you confirm that you are not breaching any laws in your country of residence regarding the legality of entering our Competitions. The Promoter will not be held responsible for any Entrant entering any of our Competitions unlawfully. If in any doubt you should immediately leave the Website and check with the relevant authorities in your country.
3. Competition Entry
3.1 Competitions may be entered via the Website. There is One Competition ‘Prize-Genie Competitions’, multiple competitions may be operated at the same time and each Competition will have a specific prize.
3.2 Availability and pricing of Competitions is at the discretion of the Promoter and will be specified at the point of sale on the Website.
3.3 “Your Prize-Genie Competition Account(s) In order to enter a Competition, you will need to register an account with us. (a) You can register an account online. (i) To register an account online you will be asked to provide an email address or sign in via a social media account, such as Facebook, Twitter or Gmail (‘Social Media Account’)
3.4 When playing a Competition online via the Website, follow the on-screen instructions to: (a) Select the Competition you wish to enter and when you are ready to purchase your Ticket(s), provide your contact and payment details. You will need to check your details carefully and tick the declaration, confirming you have read and understood the Competition terms and conditions; (b) Once you have purchased your Tickets, play the Challenge when your payment has cleared we will then contact you by email to confirm your entry into the Competition. Please note that when entering online you will not be deemed entered into the Competition until we confirm your Ticket(s) order back to you by email.
3.5 The Promoter reserves the right to refuse or disqualify any incomplete Entries if it has reasonable grounds for believing that an Entrant has contravened any of these terms and conditions.
3.7 To the extent permitted by applicable law, all Entries become our property and will not be returned.
3.8 The Entrant can enter the competitions up to the amount of 5 entries, per each competition.
3.9 The competition closes when the last number is taken, no more entries after this point will be accepted.
3.10 All entrants must create an account prior to entering and supply an email address to proceed in the competition.
4. Promotion Periods
4.1 Each Competition will run for a specified period. Please see each Competition for details of start and end times and dates (‘Promotion Period(s)’).
5. Competition Judgement
5.1 Prize-Genie Competitions operates with a third-party validated and 100% random number machine draw service which will determine the winner of each competition. However, many entrants have entered the competition will determine how many numbered entries will be entered, into the machine. With a minimum of 50 balls and a maximum of 1550 balls.
5.2 Due to the nature of the winning judgement there will only be one winner per competition.
5.3 The Promoter will attempt to contact Winner(s) using the telephone numbers and email address provided at the time of Entry (or as subsequently updated) and held securely in our database. It is the Entrant’s sole responsibility to check and update these details. If for any reason they are taken down incorrectly, the Promoter will not be held responsible. Entrants must carefully check their contact details have been recorded correctly.
5.4 If for any reason the Promoter is unable to contact a Winner within 5 days (which may be extended at the sole discretion of the Promoter) of the end of a Competition or the Winner fails to confirm acceptance of the prize or the Winner is disqualified as a result of contravening any of these terms and conditions, the Winner will forfeit the prize and the prize will remain in the procession and ownership of Prize-Genie Competitions.
5.5 In the event that the Promoter closes a Competition early, the Winner will be selected from all valid and eligible Entries received by the Promoter prior to the date of closure, except that the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to close a Competition early without selecting a Winner. In any event that a Competition is closed without selecting a Winner, the Promoter will give all entrants Game Credit to enable them to replay equivalent tickets in a subsequent competition. The Promoter also reserves the right at its sole discretion to extend the closing date of any Competition.
5.6 All Entrants are automatically entered onto the Promoter’s database for the purpose of conveying information as to the status of their Competition, as well as any future Promotions or Competitions offered by the Promoter.
5.7 The competitions can have time added on up to 4 times maximum. If the competition is not sold out after the 5th timer running out, then the prize that will be awarded will be as follows:
75% cash prize for the amount of money taken during this competition. Only the competition entrants will be entered into the draw.
6. Winner’s Details
6.1 The First Prize Winner will be required to show proof of identification on delivery of the prize. Any failure to meet this obligation may result in the Winner being disqualified and the Promoter retaining the prize.
6.2 All Winners will also be required to provide photographs and/or pose for photographs and videos, which may be used in future marketing and public relations by the Promoter in connection with the Competition and in identifying them as a winner of a Competition.
By entering a Competition, you agree to the use of your name, region, and/or photograph or other likeness as required by the Promoter if you are declared a Winner.
6.3 Following receipt and verification of the details requested above by the Promoter, the Winners will be contacted in order to make arrangement for delivery of the prize.
7. Competition Prizes
7.1 Prize-Genie Competitions prizes are determined & selected by the promoters Prize-Genie Competitions and are owned by the promoter from the date of the competition going live on the website to the date that the winner receives the prize. All prizes are picked and purchased by the promoter and in that case, this is the prize the winner will receive. Details of each prize can be found on the website on the competition pages. Prize-Genie Competitions take no responsibility of the prize awarded after delivery, once the winner receives the prize the promoter does not insure the prize. No insurance come with the prizes and the promoter cannot be held responsible for the prize once handed over to the winner.
7.2 Delivery to the winner is free. The promoter has a right to charge the winner delivery fees if they want the prize delivering anywhere other than the specified areas.
7.3 All entrant expenses are the sole responsibility of the Winners.
7.4 All prizes are subject to the terms and conditions of the prize provider, manufacturer or supplier.
7.5 Each Prize must be accepted as awarded and is non-transferable or convertible to other substitutes and cannot be used in conjunction with any other vouchers, offers or discounts, including without limitation any vouchers or offers of the Promoter or other prize suppliers.
8. Storage: The Promoter can store the chosen prize free of charge for 30 days after notifying the First Prize Winner, at the end of which time the First Prize will be delivered to the Winner.
9. Winners’ Personal Data
9.1 Acceptance of the prize by the Winner will mean they are required to have their photo and video taken by the Promoter for promotional purposes (Public Relations and Marketing), both immediately after their win and in the future for use in accordance with rule 6.2, unless prohibited by law.
9.2 By entering a Competition, you agree to the use of your name, address, and/or photograph or other likeness, as well as your appearance at publicity events without any additional compensation (save for reasonable travel expenses) and as required by the Promoter if you are declared a Winner.
10. Limits of Liability the Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability of any of the goods or services offered as prizes. Except for liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Promoter, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss suffered or sustained to person or property including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods by any person to the prize Winner(s) and, where applicable, to any family/persons accompanying the Winner(s), or in connection with any of the Competitions promoted by the Promoter.
11. No responsibility will be accepted for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, for any computer, telephone, cable, network, electronic or internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, for the acts or omissions of any service provider, internet accessibility or availability or for traffic congestion or unauthorised human act, including any errors or mistakes. The Promoter shall use its best endeavours to award the prize for a Competition to the correct Entrant. If due to reasons of hardware, software or other computer related failure, or due to human error the prize is awarded incorrectly, the Promoter reserves the right to reclaim the Competition prize and award it to the correct Entrant, at its sole discretion and without admission of liability. In any event that the Promoter closes a Competition early, the Winner will be selected from all valid and eligible Entries received by the Promoter prior to the date of closure, except that the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to close a Competition early without selecting a Winner. In any event that a Competition is closed without selecting a Winner, the Promoter will give all entrants Game Credit to enable them to replay equivalent Prize competitions in a subsequent competition. The Promoter also reserves the right at its sole discretion to extend the closing date of any Competition. The Promoter shall not be liable for any economic or other consequential loss suffered or sustained to any persons to whom an award has been incorrectly made, and no compensation shall be due. The Promoter shall use its best endeavours to ensure that the software and website(s) used to operate its Competitions perform correctly and accurately across the latest versions of popular internet, tablet and mobile browsers. The Promoter shall not be held liable for any competition entries that occur as a result of malfunctioning software or other event.
12. Data Protection Notice: Any personal data that you supply to the Promoter or authorise the Promoter to obtain from a third party, for example, a credit card company, will be used by the Promoter to administer the Competition and fulfil prizes where applicable. In order to process, record and use your personal data the Promoter may disclose it to (i) any credit card company whose name you give; (ii) any person to whom the Promoter proposes to transfer any of the Promoter’s rights and/or responsibilities under any agreement the Promoter may have with you; (iii) any person to whom the Promoter proposes to transfer its business or any part of it; (iv) comply with any legal or regulatory requirement of the Promoter in any country; and (v) prevent, detect or prosecute fraud and other crime. In order to process, use, record and disclose your personal data the Promoter may need to transfer such information outside the United Kingdom, in which event the Promoter is responsible for ensuring that your personal data continues to be adequately protected during the course of such transfer.
13. To enter the competition for free, send your completed entry on a postcard to include: Name, Address, DOB, Mobile contact phone number, desired ticket number of choice, and correct answer for that competition. Post to: Prize-Genie Competitions, 27 Old Gloucester Street, London, WC1N 3AX, UK. Postal entries are limited to one competition entrant per postcard. The Entrant must specify which competition they wish to enter; also, they should specify which ticket number/s they desire. If the ticket number/s are not available by the time the postal entry has arrived and been processed a replacement random number/s will be allocated. 13.1) Payments and charges 13.2) The cost of playing is based on the number of tickets you buy. 13.3) Ticket prices are payable in UK pounds sterling (£). 13.4) Payment is required for your tickets to be valid. The free entries will be treated in the exact same manner as the paid entries, in addition the free entries will be entered into the ‘Live Draws’ in the same manner. Standard competition terms and conditions apply for free entries.
14. Promoter: Prize Genie Competitions, 27 Old Gloucester Street, London, WC1N 3AX, UK
Tel: 0330 330 8905
A list of winners will be available on Social Media for all competitions.
Disclaimer: This competition website & promotions is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.